Neutralizing an SB-401 connected to SB-303

Robert Myers rsmyers at ROGERS.COM
Sun Sep 25 18:38:33 EDT 2005

I'm trying to neutralize an SB-401 connected to an SB-303.

At the start of the neutralization process, you are supposed to maximise the
reading at the antenna output before you minimize it by adjusting the
neutralizing capacitor (with HV voltage, and 680 Ohms screen resistor
removed from the 6146's).  The most I can maximise it to is -0.049 VDC.
(using a Heathkit 309C probe, to a Fluke 87 III meter on DC).  What is this?
That doesn't seem right.

Can someone tell me ballpark figures for what you would typically find this
maximum to be, and what the minimum would be approximately after you
minimize it?

Thanks,

--- Rob VE3JQL