heath hw-101 question

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Apr 2 14:59:08 EDT 2006

The power connector on the HW-12 is an octal and the
power connector on the HW-101 is an 11 pin.

The connections on the cable are basically 1 for 1
with the 11 pin connector on the HP-23.  However, you
do not make a connection between the variable bias and
the 6.3 volt filament connections on the HP-23.  Later
models like the HP-23B, etc., don't have these
particular outputs.

There are manuals on BAMA for both the HP-23 and the
HW-101.  All that you have to do is to look at the
schematics.  Also, the pins are labeled on the HP-23
and I believe that they are labeled on the HW-101.

Just make sure and wire the HP-23 for 300 volts on the
"low" B+ and not 250 volts that was used for the
HW-12.  The later versions of the power supply had a
switch that also functioned as a primary off-on for
the power supply that allowed switching between 250
volts and 300 volts.  The various manuals for the
HP-23 series are on BAMA and you can easily modify
your HP-23 into one of the later versions.

Glen, K9STH

--- "R. ERRETT WILSON" <twoer56 at MSN.COM> wrote:

I am trying to set up power supply wiring from a hp-23
to the hw-101, this power supply is used on my HW 12,
, need to know is the pin settings are the same for
power cord? on the HW-101 as the HW 12, don't have a
manual and Bama doesn't have the diagram for this. If
you have the diagram for the HW 101 , would greatly
appreciate it.

Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth