Replacement for "O" rings.

Walt Van Arsdale varsdale at VERIZON.NET
Tue Apr 18 13:35:23 EDT 2006

When Heathkit first produced the SB-series, their methodology for connecting
these pulleys was the "old" method of using dial cord and springs.  They
continued to use the same pulleys but switched to the O-rings.  I built one
of the first SB-100's with the dial cords and it lasted for about 10 years
until I sold it.  I never knew why the switch was done...  perhaps the rings
were cheaper, or maybe customers were having trouble with the task. ???
73

Walt  K5SXO

Walt Van Arsdale
Pygmy Wizard Computing
mailto:  varsdale at verizon.net
903.267.3770 mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Kenneth G. Gordon
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2006 3:05 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Replacement for "O" rings.

I just today found a one-page copy of the procedure for substituting a
sprung bit of dial cord for those stupid "O" rings in the HW/SB
transceivers.

It is somewhat confusing, but I will clear that up, scan it, make a PDF
out of it and send it to anyone who wants it.

Although I am not sure where I got it, it looks very much like something
that the Heath company put out as a service bulletin sometime in the
past.

This will eliminate the problem with them being destroyed by whatever
is in the air in my shop at work...

Ken W7EKB