"O" ring destruction.

Bob Hardie bhardie at WTTA.SBGNET.COM
Wed Apr 19 10:18:21 EDT 2006

Disclaimer... Just a thought:
I feel that heating up the radio, inside of radio, then cooling down can
cause the rubber to dry out over a period of time.  Again, in repairing
all those radios, I have chosen to use dial cord and have seen other
mentions on here as to where to buy it.  The time spent is worth while
as they will last for the rest of the life of the radio... "pert near"
anyway. (granted one has to have the dexterity to do this operation.
Perseverance is the key... HI...plus see the tip below.)

Use a stiff wire, bending the end with a hook in it to help route the
dial cord around the wheels.  Actually, I found at the local electronic
type supply house,  soldering aids that has the hooks bent just right to
help guide the cord on the wheels.  The ones that I found are blue
plastic with black metal ends on them.  Some of the solder aids have
wire brushes on them, some are just sharp points like an ice pick and
some are bent.    A kit was less than $6 if I recall.
Hope this helps someone in their delema to solve the problem.    Bob,
W5EUQ of Tampa, FL....

--
Bob Hardie- CSRTE
Chief Engineer

2005 and 2006 Chairman of Tampa Bay  Chapter 39,
Society of Broadcast Engineers