"O" ring destruction. OZONE

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Wed Apr 19 11:33:47 EDT 2006

On 19 Apr 2006 at 10:00, William Strong wrote:

> Most interesting subject-  What is the upper limit or safe level of
> Ozone?

As you probably know, ozone is simply O3, a highly reactive form of
oxygen. One thing we have to be aware of is that the "ozone" that is so
much in the news where air pollution is concerned might more
accurately be understood as the effect of O3 on pollutants to make
them much worse. The "ozone" layer in our upper atmosphere protects
us from the effects of solar radiation. So I think "ozone" is being talked
about in two different ways.

I am certainly not well versed on it, but I DO know that pure O3 is used
as a bleach, and to clean air and water.

I don't know what the safe limits are, but the information is available on
the web. Also, a very easily made detector can be made from
cornstarch and a couple of other household ingredients, painted on
strips of paper.

I do know that if you can SMELL it, it is way too much. Even if you
cannot smell it, it is often too much.

Our machine, which cost WAY too much, BTW, uses several methods
to clean the air, only ONE of which is a small amount of ozone.

Since we put this machine in, the number of colds and flu our family
gets is much reduced. We have 5 children and they bring those home
from school.

I might add that here in Idaho, we very seldom have air pollution
problems.

Ken W7EKB