Heath HT24HT - Maintenance & Mods

kd4e kd4e at VERIZON.NET
Thu Aug 17 11:37:13 EDT 2006

I recently acquired neat classic HEATH HW24HT
2/440 handheld in great condition.

It came with the original manual, a gutted HWA-110
battery pack modified with a cable to a car accessory
(cigar) plug, a gutted HWA-110 NiCad battery pack, and
an unlabeled AA battery cell holder pack.

I would be interested in locating the HWA180 Speaker/
Mic, a HWA-125 battery pack (OK if cells are dead or
missing), the HWA-260 carrying case, and perhaps
other accessories.

I read in the manual that the HT will operate in
Duplex mode.  Can it be coaxed into crossband repeat
mode?

I am also interested in any recommended mods or
predictable maintenance.

--

Thanks! & 73,
doc, KD4E