6146 Replacement

Wilson Lamb infomet at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Aug 25 17:17:53 EDT 2006

How high does the Ip go when way out of resonance?
It sounds like the load may be defective.
Wilson
----- Original Message -----
From: "Davies, Doug A FOR:EX" <Doug.Davies at GOV.BC.CA>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 2:55 PM
Subject: 6146 Replacement

I'm currently working on fixing up a Heathkit DX-40 transmitter.  When
dipping the plate and peaking the grid current into a dummy load I can
only get about 55ma out of the 6146 final.  The manual says it should
show 125ma when properly tuned.  With each increase in loading the plate
current starts at a higher level but than drops down to 55ma.  I checked
the 6146 and it appears to be faulty.  I would like to replace it but
I'm not sure which of the 6146 variants to use.  I checked a few sources
on the net and I couldn't find any plain 6146's, just the A, B, or W
variants.  Which one will cross over?

Doug  VE7DRF