HW-101

Charles W. Morehouse w4gbw at BELLSOUTH.NET
Wed Dec 27 08:41:15 EST 2006

Hi Paul,
Have a lot of fun restoring.  My SB-101 was a mess with 1/2 inch greasy
dust on all.  Front panel paint fell off at the touch. You can wash it.
Cover the holes in the IF cans with tape.
It is a good idea to take the meter and anything else like speakers
out.  Of course the 101 doesn't have one.
I use a Windex type cleaner and a parts cleaning brush.  Never use a
Formula 409 type stuff as it ti too harsh.  Windex even gets out tobacco
stains on panels and cases.
Put in the sink and rinse with hot water.  Blow dry with compressed air
if you can.  Let dry for about a week before power up.  My SB-101 is now
restored with a redone panel,
repainted case and most of the resistors replaced.  Looks like new and
works that way.  Good luck with your 101 and 73.
Wayne,
W4GBW