8873 tube for SB-230

G. Beat gregory.beat at COMCAST.NET
Sun Jan 29 14:07:53 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "hbreuer at debitel.net" <hbreuer at DEBITEL.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 2:58 AM
Subject: [HEATH-TEMPE] 8873 tube for SB-230

Hello,

I am looking for a 8873 tube for my SB-230. Where can I get it?

73
Heinz DH2FA, KM5VT
Conduction-cooled tetrode, popular in amateur radio linear amps (Heathkit
SB230)--made by Eimac.
http://www.cpii.com/eimac/catalog/16339.htm

Suggest retrofit with different tube, such as SED (C logo) 4CX400A or
4CX800A. The Eimac 8874 can also be retrofitted (see 8874).

RARE, RARE ... might try Richardson Electronics (LaFox, IL) ..
last price I saw for the 8873 was around $801
http://catalog.rell.com/rellecom/scripts/SkuPage.asp?SKU=156632&PNO=&PNM=

http://www.elexs.com/1Xmtg.htm

Google for SB230 conversions

w9gb