Another (Former) Heathkit Engineer has passed.

Ed Mosher wa8zvo at JUNO.COM
Sun Jan 29 15:06:31 EST 2006

Fellow Heathkit fans/lovers,

I have the sad duty to inform you that former "General Products" Heathkit
engineer Ken Kuhlman died of kidney cancer on January 24th.

Ken grew up in Kansas and developed a deep love for electronics as a
teen.  While he never got a ham ticket, one of the first electronic
projects he built was an operating telegraph system running between his
and his brother's tree houses.  He graduated from Wichita State Un. with
a BSEE degree in 1964, and worked at Heath for over 25 years.  During his
tenure he developed many very popular kits such as the GR-1075 Digital
Clock Radio and also contributed to the automotive products group, as
well as testing and development of the Heath/Zenith laptop computer
products.  He was an avid car fan and had restored a 1957 Austin Healey,
which he loved to drive around on any warm day with the top down.

I was privileged to work with Ken a little at Heath, and for several
years shared office and lab space with him at Whirlpool.  Ken always
commanded respect for his knowledge of most anything electronic. He
retired in 2002, but returned a couple of times a year to keep up and say
HI.  He will be greatly missed by all of his friends, wife Judy, kids Tom
and Molly, and 3 grandkids.

                                           Ed Mosher
                                     wa8zvo at juno.com

                      "Formerly One Of The Hams At Heathkit"
            The most important things in our lives are NOT things!