Question on grounding (at the rig) - longish.

Jack Schrader w1jhs at VERIZON.NET
Tue Jul 11 13:14:36 EDT 2006

For what it is worth to this message. I have a tower that is 150' from my
shack with one ground rod at its base. Right next to the house where the ant
leads and rotor cable enter the house I have an aray of 9 gnd rods in the
ground. Just below the shack in the cellar I have a piece of #4 twisted gnd
wire that goes to the electric service gnd. All gnds are tied together in
the cellar above the boat anchors that are there on a table. Also have an rf
gnd of rg8 with caps at both ends just 4' from both shacks.

Knock on wood I have never gotten a hit but do disconnect ants. if I'm
around when lightning is near.

73 Jack