Public admonishment... I was wrong... thanks

W5EUQ w5euq at VERIZON.NET
Thu Jul 27 18:52:56 EDT 2006

Thanks guys for the input.  Looks like there are equal number of people
on both sides.  One side says, go ahead and ask for forgiveness later...
hide it and who will know.
the others say get permission..etc...

Bottom line... I'm not in to trying to sneak my gear on board.  This is
a vacation not just for me, but for my wife as well.  The theme of the
trip is not "ham radio" but our,,,,,my wife and I.... our vacation...so
I'm not taking anything....

I had visions of missing a golden opportunity... Hams are gutsy... Hams
are creative... what's the difference between my hand held and a cell
phone... NOTHING really.  BUT the  ships have laws, rules, international
concerns, etc. especially since 9/11/02.

Bottomline... I am NOT taking any controversal equipment with me....  It
just AIN'T worth the hassle.....   AGAIN THANKS to all youse guyse who
responded and I am grateful to ALL of you....   Bob, Tampa
  "almost KH6/W5EUQ/MM" it seemed like it was going to be soooo much
fun.....  but possibly almost in the brig... LOL.

Guys... please don't cause THREADS to the limit on this..... you all
know what I'm saying.  Revel in your being right, by yourself... I admit
I was wrong publicly...  and YOU WERE RIGHT!!!