Heathkit Cabinet Paint

Gregg gwyz at USA.NET
Fri Mar 3 08:06:29 EST 2006

Hi Lee,

I think the DX-60 is a different color, but I'm not certain.  You can
look at one for sale on ebay to make sure.

Regarding the paint.  I have looked into it.  The seller on ebay is
selling a close match. In one of his older ads he had a photo of the
can. He stopped showing photos, and (apparently) stopped answering
emails because he doesn't want to reveal the fact that he is selling
automotive "color match" type paint.

It probably *does* match close enough.  However, if you can buy it
locally you can get it for a third of the price he is selling it for.
He sells the "Omni-Pak" brand, which is common to the midwest and west
coast, but not so common everywhere else.

I suspect the "brand" doesn't matter.  If you go into any good auto
parts store that carries a good assortment of auto "color match" (type)
spray paints, you will likely find as good a match as that seller did.

Good luck.

Sincerely,
Gregg

--- Lee Bahr  w0vt <pulsarxp at EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:

I want to repaint my DX-60B transmitter cabinet as
someone repainted it Baby Blue at some part of it's
life!  I guess the original color was some shade of
GREEN. I do have a HR-10B receiver I acquired elswhere
at some point in time.  Are the paint colors the same
on both units?  If so, I guess I could have some paint
matched locally.