Connecting aYaesu FT-840 to a Conventional Amplifer

Jim Bristol jimbristol at VISI.COM
Sun Mar 5 16:46:56 EST 2006

Need some help here guys... I have a conventional Yaesu FLdx2000 HF (older)
Amplifier and I'm not sure of the proper and safe method of using the Yaesu
FT-840 (new) to do the amplifier switching... The amplifier has an internal
12 vdc relay which I thought would be easily switched through a simple
switching circuit in the FT-840 tranceiver but there is no simple switching
circuit.
The feelers I put out in regard to selling the HeathKit SB-102...
I fired it up and it looks like I have an intermittent in the xmtr section
I'm going to have to run down... I'll keep you informed... Appreciate your
interest... Jim Bristol WA0MQJ