Connecting aYaesu FT-840 to a Conventional Amplifer

Dale Smith newday at METROCAST.NET
Mon Mar 6 12:32:58 EST 2006

Hi Jim
    I use a Heil FS-2 Dual Foot Switch with my FT-840 to drive
   a old Swan Mark 1 Amp,It is a sequenced switch.One goes to the PTT on the
  back of the 840 the other to the amp You will probably need adapters,phone
to RCA.
I have used sewing machine foot switches also and just added another
switch.Or if your timing is good
just use one foot switch to the amp.  de  dale/ka5who