Heath Manuals and SS-9000 Control software

Bob And Bettina Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Mon Mar 27 00:29:40 EST 2006

That is the place to go to find the SS-9000 manual(s)!  Very nice job of
scanning and converting to pdf files - thank you to both Richard's.

If you follow the link <www.pestingers.net/pdfs> then go down to the
'radio' folder and inside of it, you will find many, many manuals
including a SS-9000 Operators manual, a set of schematics and the
SS-9000 Service manual. And in the SS-9000 Operators manual, on pages 30
to 44, you will find complete details on the computer interface to the
SS-9000 - wiring, protocol, commands, etc including some (now obsolete)
assembly language routines to provide a sub-routine for 'poke'ing data
via MBASIC.

I downloaded all of the SS-9000 pdf files plus printed off the relevant
pages of the manual for the computer interface. Now any interested and
computer literate sort can probably put together a computer program (I
think Visual Basic might be good choice) to interface to the SS-9000.
Not a complete answer to the inquiry for SS-9000 control software but a
start. I think that the software supplied with the SS-9000 would be so
obsolete as to be pretty much unusable (unless you had a H-89, of course).

73 de WA2CKY
Bob