TX-1Modulator Problem

Peter A Markavage pmarkavage at JUNO.COM
Fri May 12 13:08:56 EDT 2006

What does this mean, "works FM on CW"?
Obviously, based on your description, there either is a wiring error on
the mode switch or the clamp adjustment is not correct or you have a
component problem. After checking for correct wiring, remove the
modulator tubes, follow the setup for adjustments in the SSB mode, and
also check to see what voltages still appear, or don't appear, on the
modulator tubes in the SSB mode.

Pete, wa2cwa