Heath QF-1 Q Multiplier

John Meyer jomeyer at MSN.COM
Sat May 13 11:29:36 EDT 2006

To the many Heath Gurus,

I have a friend who is attempting to hook a QF-1 to a Hallicrafters S-20R.
He tells me he has it hooked in parallel with the first IF of the plate of
the 6K8 mixer. Nothing happens with the mode switch is in the null and broad
position, but when in the sharp position the receiver seems to go dead. I
suggested that it might be either loading the plate circuit or possibly the
unit is oscillating at 455KC therefore blocking the output of the mixer
stage. He bought the unit at a recent swap, it is immaculate in both
construction and appearance. I have to assume that anything that's been
around this long worked okay at one time suggesting that it was properly
built. I probably shouldn't assume anything but one has to start someplace.
Assuming the unit is okay does anyone on the list have any experience
hooking up a QF-1? He also asked me to see if anyone knows the inductance
values of transformers 4068 and 4067.

Thanks,

John Meyer K8IHY
Hudsonville MI.