Plastics for Ham Radio

wd8pcu wd8pcu at COX.NET
Sat May 13 05:15:48 EDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

I thought I would share with you something that has certainly made my Ham Radio tinkering a lot happier.

I visited a plastic wholesaler awhile ago and took the grand tour. I learned that there is one plastic called " Acrylic ".
Now this in sheet form and comes in several thicknesses
and colors. I chose black and I was even more happier when
I saw that it was the finest wrinkle finish that I had ever seen. Wala!  Real easy neat looking front panels !
Anyway they have many other forms of plastic that is true.
However I personally have used this " Acrylic" and let me tell you it is fun to work with. I have drilled, sawed, filed and all in all it is tuff stuff. No unexpected chipping, cracking or breaking of any kind.  It really makes homebrewing refreshing once again.
Dan