SB-400/401 High and Low voltage power supply capacitor upgrade boards

Mike w5rkl at YAHOO.COM
Sat Nov 4 23:22:26 EST 2006

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 17:20:21 -0600, Max Harelik <mharelik at COMANCHETX.COM> wrote:

>"Since my last post about upgrading the SB-400/401 HV and LV power
supplies, I have since received both boards from the manufacture. " <snip>

>Mike, could you please share with me the source of the power supply upgrade
boards mentioned in your post? I had great success similarly upgrading my
SB-200, and I'd like to do the same with my Twins. Thanks.

>73,
>Max, K5OVW

Max,

The source for the upgrade boards is me. I designed the boards using
ExpressPCB software. Once the design was completed, I simply used the design
software and submitted the design to ExpressPCB who manufactured the boards.
The boards are 2 layers with plated through holes. Component markings are
done using the "Top trace" option. To reduce cost I elected to not have silk
screening or solder mask applied. For this project, it is simply not necessary.

All components and mounting hardware are new and obained from Mouser
Electronics.

I sent you pictures of the upgrade to you email address along with a
similiar discription. Hope this helps.

For others, pictures are available of the upgrade that is currently
installed and operating in my SB-400 for the asking at w5rkl at yahoo.com

73's

Mike
W5RKL