FS: 'Last of the Heath's - not by choice'

Joseph Lutz kwz99 at ADELPHIA.NET
Tue Nov 7 17:30:47 EST 2006

You wake up one morning and 'it' happens!!  Due to necessity
I have to let my last Heathkit xcvr go.  Was going to keep 2
for myself, but that is just not possible.  Seeing I want to get
the best price, I 'may' put it up on that 'other place', just to get
the coverage - but that has to be thought over.  I will be putting
a 'package' together which will have [4] SB-104A's, [3] SB-604
power supplies w/speaker, at least [2] sets of manuals, [1]
extender board, [1] NOS - 'seal NOT broken' of Part #2857
Qnty of 4 417-831-1 power transistors, [1] 85-1412-3 NB Board
never installed w/manual that I hope I can find, [1] Heathkit Desk
Mic - [will search for manual, but cannot remember having one],
it is grey, with Heathkit raised black label on neck, and the p-t-t
switch on base in red activator bar with black housing, also may
include a HD-1410 in package.  I know all will ask do they work,
I started to check them out, and I put power to all of them and
got [2] to receive - and was going to start working on all of them
but that is not to be.  When I put this up for sale it will be the
complete pkg - I will not, for example, sell the pwr transistors
or extender board, etc, by itself.  I will also be selling my
EFJ Valiant that I built in early 60's and replaced the power
transformer in the late 80's while waiting for them to land on
Spratley IS!!! [I was /DU2 at the time].  Seeing that it is vry
heavy it will either be P/U only - and if that don't work, then
I will sell it part by part.  [Was a super rig - NEVER on any
mode but CW - those other 6146's never got used ;>}}!].
With all that said, would there be any interest in either the
complete Heathkit pkg or the Valiant?
[FYI: Putting this on the Heathkit reflector 1st, as it has to
go through the 'certification' - after it hits my pc I will post
to other reflectors.]
Back to splitting wood and burning leaves!!!
73,
JOE W7LPF
Ex: W7ZQV/KG6 - W7LPF/DU2 - CT1DKG/CR7DKG - HB9IBA
MGR: 4L1DA