Aligning the SB-303 and SB-401any trick to make OSC's more robust and sure starting????

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Nov 12 19:14:10 EST 2006

First of all, replace the RG174/U cable with 24 inches
of RG62/U.  RG62/U is what Heath originally supplied
with that combination and RG62/U has considerably less
capacitance than RG174/U.  In fact, the LMO, BFO, and
HFO cables should all be 24 inches of RG62/U for best
operation.

I have used 50 ohm cables for those connections but
they didn't always work properly, especially on 10
meters.  After replacing them with the recommended
RG62/U my problems went away.  Now I use the SB-301
with the SB-401.  However, in the past, I had an
SB-303 and had exactly the same problems when using 50
ohm cable.

Glen, K9STH

--- Robert Myers <rsmyers at ROGERS.COM> wrote:

I just make sure I use exactly 24" on RG-174 from the
HET OSC out to the SB-401.]

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

Yahoo! Music Unlimited