HA-10 Restoration

Charles W. Morehouse w4gbw at BELLSOUTH.NET
Thu Oct 26 02:22:27 EDT 2006

Hi Folks,
Just acquired a very clean Warrior amp to complete my Apache, Mohawk,
SB-10, HO-10 and 13 station.  Had the seller remove all the iron and
tubes so it arrived in great shape.
Will have to replace some of the components.  The case has a great
refinish but the wrong color.  I have the correct green and can
repaint.  Problem.  The parasitic chokes on the 811A's
are not per the manual.  They are a 4 turn coil with a 100 ohm
externally mounted resistor.  Not neat.  The original #45-53 choke is a
3 turn coil wound on a 47 ohm resistor.
Being a purist, I can replicate the original.  Does anyone know why this
was done?  Does anyone have 4 of the original #45-53 chokes.  Another
question, is the 3B28 argon rectifier better than the mercury 866A
type?  Also one of the 811A's has been replaced with a China type.
BOO!  Does anyone on the reflector have a good RCA 811A for sale?  Talk
soon.
Wayne,
W4GBW