Heatthkit Novice Station

Gary E. Mayfield wa0eaf at KANS.COM
Sat Apr 28 10:42:24 EDT 2007

Good morning all.  I am working  on a Heathkit Novice Station, consisting of a HR 10 B and a DX 60 B.  I have recapped the DX 60 B and getting about 60 or 75 watts based on watt meter reading using the xtal control.  The difficulty comes when I try to zero beat my signal in the HR 10 B which I think I should hear.  What am I missing in the receiver or what have I messed up?  The xtal is good.  I do not hear any signal across the entire band.  I need help!  What have I messed up?   Gary, WA0EAF