[Heathkit] Yoiks! A restorers worst nightmare

LeeCraner at AOL.COM LeeCraner at AOL.COM
Tue Feb 6 12:05:33 EST 2007

Been there, done that.  But you won't be able to solder aluminum.

Try using a 4" +/- 6-32 machine screw and a small hollow tube (aluminum,
copper, even a ball point pen barrel).  That is how I make my standoffs for my
homebrew gear.  I you have trouble finding an appropriately long screw, you could
salvage one off of an old power transformer.

At least that will get you going until someone on the list comes to your
rescue.

73
Lee WB6SSW