Ultimate 60's station - the SB Twins

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Sun Feb 11 14:05:19 EST 2007

Yes. Your station looks very nice, Michael, and must be fun to operate!

Now, I have a few questions for those of you who have and use the SB
Twins: how do you like the quality of their operation?

What difficulties do you have with them, if any?

What DON'T you like about the setup?

How well does the combo work on CW? RTTY? SSB?

What method does the combo use for CW sidetone?

Have any of you installed the 2 and 6 meter converters, and how well
do they work?

Did you have any trouble aligning the units as separates? (I am not
talking about them being used together in this case.)

What sorts of problems did you run into when operating them together?

Isn't it a good idea to have installed the heterodyne oscillator crystals in
the transmitter?

Why?

The reason I am asking these questions is because I own an SB-301
and an SB-401 and am about to put them into operation together. I
used the SB-301 for years, and really liked it, but have not yet used my
SB-401.

BTW, I bought the SB-401 from a seller on Ebay for $50.00. It had
never been finished because the original owner had broken a section of
the bandswitch. A very kind soul on this list sent me the necessary bit,
and I will have the SB-401 on the air soon.

Thanks for the help.

Ken Gordon W7EKB