Heathkit HP 23 Fixed Bias Voltage

Tom Buchanan tlbuch at SCRTC.COM
Sun Feb 18 13:57:24 EST 2007

I am working on a HP 23 power supply.  I found a bad capacitor (40MFD/450V)
and replaced it with a modern electrolytic of same value.  All other parts
appear to be original.  The following voltage readings were taken with a
Heathkit SB101 on receive:

*	+LV = 318v - 323v
*	+HV = 823v
*	-130v Fixed Bias = -112v
*	Adj. Bias = - 58v

Is the Fixed Bias voltage in an acceptable range or should it be closer to
-130v?

Thanks,

Tom KG4KGY