HW-12A Help Needed - A Different Approach

Davies, Doug A FOR:EX Doug.Davies at GOV.BC.CA
Wed Jan 17 11:39:12 EST 2007

Since I didn't receive any replies to my first posting, I'll try a
different approach.  Would someone who is familiar with the HW-12A tell
me if there a way to determine the proper setting of coils L2 and L3 in
the HW-12A.  These coils, the 12BY7 driver grid and plate coils
respectively, were supposed to be pre-set at the factory and not require
readjustment.  However, on the rig I have, the tops of the covers have
been opened up and I'm sure someone has fiddled with them them.

There is nothing in the abbreviated manual I have that specifies the
value of grid or plate current for the 12BY7 driver tube.  With the
meter switch in the TUNE/OPERATE position, full scale meter reading is
300ma.  Can I use this to set these two coils?  This is all new ground
for me so any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Doug  VE7DRF