DX-100 Resistor Source

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Tue Jan 23 21:27:16 EST 2007

On 23 Jan 2007 at 20:57, ve3fwf wrote:

> Another trick is to use a slightly larger value resistance for the 5.4
> ohm and then file the resistor material away in the centre until you
> get precisely 5.4 ohms.  This only works with carbon resistors!
>
> Place some epoxy over the exposed area that you removed. You are
> derating the wattage of the resistor so consider that when picking a
> resistor. Use a 1 watt resistor if you have them.

Yes. I have done this too. However, I don't know of a good source for
carbon resistors anymore.

I remember in my much younger days attempting this with some sort of
metal bodied resistor, and it didn't work very well. :-)

Ken Gordon W7EKB