HW 101 good late vintage clean and works great...except.......

W5EUQ w5euq at VERIZON.NET
Tue Jan 23 22:17:43 EST 2007

Have one that works great.  However, it only gets abut 50Watts
out...even though I have changed tubes... not only 6146's but 6CL6's and
6CB6's....   The tubes I have, I have checked in other HW's and they
produced 110watts or 100 watts output... BUT in this one they don't...
I've checked the 2.2 Ohm cathode resistor, the screen resistor and
voltage.  The RF choke is red and not burned or brown.  I've tried

Any suggestions?  this one is eating my lunch and I need to get on to
other radios...  am I missing something obvious?
thanks, Bob