SB-610 Monitor Scope - Tone Out

Stu Lyon w6cux at EARTHLINK.NET
Sat Jan 27 21:03:39 EST 2007

Carl,
I think the issue is too LOW a signal to show up on the Tek scope rather
than too high. The TONE signal is suppose to simulate a microphone which
is down in the low millivolt range. I'm not sure what the typical mic
output of -55db equates to in volts but it's pretty low.

The topic comes up in the list frequently where the question of  'no
TONE"  is really just a matter of failing the recognize the low voltage
level of the two tones. The two tone frequencys are 1500Hz and 1950Hz.
(Not 1590)

Ref:  http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/heath/sb610/  sb610.djvu  look at
the schematic around V4.

73, Stu W6CUX