FYI: TX-1 Temp Study

Charles W. Morehouse w4gbw at BELLSOUTH.NET
Tue Jul 3 12:14:15 EDT 2007

Folks,
Am in the process of restoring my Apache, and yes it does run too hot.
Being a purist, I hate to drill extra holes but it must be done.
First I plan to install a muffin fan, blowing up, under the top lid.
Will enlarge the holes slightly in the fan area.  Got to repaint anyway.
Will install an 80 mm fan on the final cage sucking out. A copper screen
over the hole will keep the RF in.  Was thinking of musing
thermostatically controlled 12 v
fans to keep the noise down.  Antec makes some nice ball bearing fans.
A voltage doubler and regulator on the 6.3 vac will supply the 12 vdc.
Was thinking of an 80 mm fan also on the final cage of the Warrier.  Any
better suggestions?  Has anyone had experience with the brush less dc
fans in an RF environment.
Maybe should stick with 110 vac fans?  That way would not have to
install the 12 vdc supply.
Wayne,
W4GBW