FYI: TX-1 Temp Study

Peter A Markavage pmarkavage at JUNO.COM
Tue Jul 3 13:29:47 EDT 2007

I've been running DC fans in my Apache for years. The fan sits on top of
the existing final compartment. I saw no reason to drill extra large
ventilating holes for it. Been that way since the 70's. Also, installed a
"suck out" DC fan over the modulator section. I think I fabricated a set
of brackets and attached them to the panel behind the dial drum. This fan
helps pull the heat out generated by the tubes not in the final cage. I
used 24 volt DC fans ($1 each at a flea market) and run them at about 19
volts. Both run quiet. If you have 12 volt fans, run them at about 9 or
10 volts to keep the noise down. I went with DC fans because I disliked
running 110/120 AC wires on the top or exposed side of the rig.

Pete, wa2cwa

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:14:15 -0400 "Charles W. Morehouse"