FS: Heathkit Stereo FM generator IG-112 (IG-37, IG-5237),

Ron ronami at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 25 12:02:21 EDT 2007

For sale: Heathkit Stereo FM generator model IG-112. Electrically,
this is essentially the same as models IG-37 or IG-5237, but in a
different case. This unit provides the signals necessary to align
stereo FM tuners.

The unit is in good operational condition and well calibrated.
It was gone over and out of tolerance components replaced. I
have also incorporated mods that make it more accurate and
easier to calibrate: first, the chintzy original connectors
were replaced with BNC connectors. Second, the Heath
calibration procedure calls for desoldering connections and
temporarily soldering in precision resistors. I have added a
switch that does the same thing easily and with no soldering.
Third, I added a trim pot for separately calibrating the 67KHz
output (originally, it was too far off to allow accurate
adjustment of the tuner's 67KHz trap).

Comes with a copy of the manual (an $18 item). There are
no cables. Asking $45 plus actual shipping cost from MA
(ZIP 01702).

-- Ron