Power Supply Differences

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 1 11:38:10 EST 2007

It was the plain HP-23 that you had to rewire low B+.
The HP-23A, HP-23B, and HP-23C had the switch that
would change the B+ (also was the power switch).  The
PS-23 was basically the same as the HP-23C.

The HP-23 and HP-23A had adjustable bias and fixed
bias and the others had only fixed bias.

The HP-23A had both 6.3 and 12.6 volt filament
capabilities.

There were other minor differences.

Glen, K9STH

--- Michael Waldrop <w5rkl at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

The differences between the PS-23 and the HP-23's are
as follows:

The HP-23B and the PS-23 only have 12VAC for
filaments. The HP-23B and the PS-23 only had -130VDC
fixed bias; no adjustable bias.

The HP-23A has both 6 AND 12VAC filament. The HP-23A
also had a fixed -130VDC bias plus an adjustable -40
to -80VDC bias.

An HP-23B is basically the same as a PS-23.

I'm not sure but I believe the HP-23B did not have the
toggle switch selectable low voltage (250 or 300VDC)
output. I believe the building determined the low
voltage output level when assembling the supply.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com