need 2-ohm 5w wirewound pot

Alex [Temple-Heath List] temple.heath1 at MIWWW.COM
Mon Mar 19 21:19:03 EDT 2007

Hi Ed,

The original design calls for a 2-ohm ww potentiometer in parallel
with a 4-ohm resistor. This would be one of the four legs of a
resistive bridge used to measure bellow one-ohm resistances. It has
full scale ranges of 0.1, 0.5 and 1.0 ohms. The 2-ohm potentiometer
is actually used to null out any resistance of the test probes. The
article came out on the 1975 Electronic Experimenter's Handbook
published by Popular Electronics. It's called "Build a Expanded Scale
Milliohm meter.

If I end up having to use it, I think the 5-ohm unit that Digikey
stocks might also work fine with some tweaking of the parallel resistor.

BTW, tried to reply to your email but it keeps bouncing back my
messages. So apologies to the rest of the members for this on-list reply.

Thanks again.

-Alex