SB-110 Parts needed

Pat Bunsold wa6mhz at COX.NET
Mon May 14 10:25:28 EDT 2007

After successfully winning a bid on a completely trashed Heathkit SB-110 on Ebay, the relic came in and was worse than imagined!  Some CLOWN decided to harverst certain parts out of it, and paid no attention that someone might want to RESTORE it some day.  He cut all the wires and coaxes going to the front panel, smashed the meter, ripped off all the Dial mechanisms and associated parts and tore out the Mode switch.  All the tubes were ripped off too.  So this hopeless case, even though so very trashed and thrashed, STILL went for alot of money!!    I got it in and began to list what I needed to bring it back to life.  The most irreplacable part is the Mode Switch, a 2 gang wafer job that Heathkit must had custom built for the rigs.  I could do the same with a 10 pole, 4 throw rotary switch, but lets see if another one exists in the world before I violate the restoration rules and use a substitute.  I used my wonderful JB WELD Epoxy on the meter so that is repaired, but I am short a cabinet as well.  so, does anyone have a SB Cabinet and SB-110 mode switch they'd like to part with?
This will be the restoration project of a lifetime!!! Hope I can get it going before the summer E season starts.  Would be fun to make contacts on this incredible rig!   Don't know what I am going to do about the coaxes.  they are tough to splice, though none are carrying RF. Mostly there to just shield wires.  Would need alot of RG-174 to replace it and integrating it into the Harness would be a task of horror!
73
Pat WA6MHZ
Crest Radio Museum
--