Zero Beat

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Wed Nov 14 16:36:42 EST 2007

The "stock" filter in the HW-100 series is not as
"sharp" as that in the SB-100 series.  Therefore, you
are definitely more likely to hear the other sideband
when tuning in the crystal calibrator.

Glen, K9STH

--- Tom Buchanan <tlbuch at SCRTC.COM> wrote:

Thanks for all the responses on my inquiry regarding
the SB101 & Zero Beat. The Heathkit HW-100 seems to be
the rig that is not working.  I also have a Yaesu
FT-101E and its calibration crystal does the same
thing as the SB-101 with the one side on each
sideband.  I am glad I asked first because I could
have been working on the two rigs that didn't need it.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

Be a better pen pal.