HW-101 for PSK31?

Paul Blumhardt k5rt at VERIZON.NET
Sun Sep 2 06:58:44 EDT 2007

In regards to using the other gear on the newer digital modes, the area that
is of most concern is T/R cycle time. The old relays take too long to go
from Receive to Transmit and vise-versa.

The radios are probably stable enough and filtering should be adequate.

Paul K5RT

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List [mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]
On Behalf Of Fred Wittman
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2007 7:16 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: HW-101 for PSK31?

Has anyone succeeded in using an HW-101 for modern digital modes, namely
PSK31?  Seems to me it has two things in its favor, namely finals that
are inexpensive and easy to replace if overstressed by digital, and a cw
filter that can be engaged in all modes.  Now whether the VFO is stable
enough for the job I don't know.  I'm still on the learning curve with
digital modes.  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance folks.

Fred - KG6NYK