Winter SB-230 Project!

Allen Jones w9dz at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 11 22:04:36 EDT 2007

Since the 8560 is a tetrode you will need a regulated
screen and bias supply in addition to the plate
supply.  The 8560 is very much like the 4CX250B and
will probably give you 350W or so out. My SB-230 is
good for nearly 600W peak output with the original
8873.

Some SB-230's have been modified to use the
inexpensive surplus Russian GI7B triode.  Output is
comparable to the 8873.  This tube is air cooled so
some mechanical rework is required.  Here is a link
with info including photos:

http://www.gi7b.com/

73,

Allen, W9DZ