Heathkit (older audio type) panel meter available

Robert Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Wed Sep 12 19:19:49 EDT 2007

More basement cleaning. Found a Heathkit panel meter - early 'VU' audio type - take a look at the pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/bob.groh/Ham_Parts

I sure don't need it and I'm hoping someone else does. Can't identify where it came from but it looks like it was used in some Heathkit audio gear from the 60's. Built into a nice black bakelite box and circuitry inside (resistors, series coupling cap and some diodes) indicate it was built as an audio level meter of some sort. Box is about 6" x 7" x 3".  Meter itself is a Weston model 1721, is about 2-1/2" square, seems to have a coil resistance of about 630 ohms and does seem to work nicely. A scratch or two on the face. Face says 'Heathkit Recording Level' and has scales of 0 to 100% and -20 to +3 dB.

Cost: $5 plus shipping for 3 lbs USPS Priority Mail from zip 64014 (Blue Springs, MO).

If interested, drop me a line directly (rgroh at swbell.net).

73
Bob, WA2CKY