HP-20 Question

Alan W. Fremmer AWFremmer at AOL.COM
Wed Sep 19 10:18:02 EDT 2007

Dear Heath Experts,

Recently picked up an HP-20 on eBay.  Plugged it in and almost  immediately
blew a fuse.  Opened it up and found the charred remnants of  something, not
sure if it's a diode or a resistor, connected to the middle lug  of a three lug
tie point located near the large black electrolytics.  Also  connected to that
lug is a smaller electrolytic and a diode that goes from there  to a lug on
the right, when viewed with the power cord facing you.

Not sure if that's the cause or just a symptom of bigger problems but if
someone can identify what's blown, where the other end connects and where I can
find a replacement I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance to a great bunch of people who are always so  helpful.

73, Alan - KB2HEI