SB-102 idling plate current

Emil Dular WD4SCZ at AOL.COM
Sat Sep 22 09:32:02 EDT 2007

OK, I am bamfoozled!!!  I have an SB-102 on the bench and when trying to align the transmitter I have set the idling plate current to 50 milliamps using the BIAS adjustment like it says.  The fun begins when I switch the thing to 40 meters. The idling plate current may be anywhere.  Most often someplace between 100 and 200 milliamps. Switch to another band and it is normal. Switch back to 40 and might be normal, might be crazy.

Nothing more frustrating than an intermittent fault, but only consistent thing seems to be it is happening only in the 40 meter position.  Has anyone run across this wackiness before?? Where to start looking??

Emil WD4SCZ