DX-100B, Misc After "Final Report"

Mike Hardie mike46 at SHAW.CA
Mon Feb 11 15:40:31 EST 2008

I'm becoming more convinced the problem was a cold solder joint somewhere
around the two small slug tuned coils and the choke addition was not
required.  This morning I put a dab of new solder on all the joints around
the coils, 12BY7 and 5763 tubes.

This morning a letter arrived with a copy of a ham in Florida's "DX-100B
Maintenance Log".  In it he had documented the routine and special
mainenance he's done on his rig over many years, great information.

I've been keeping a log  for test bench equipment but didn't think to extend
the idea to operating rigs.  For those of us with a faulty internal data
recovery system it might help not having to re-learn things when the same
problem happens again.

Mike VE7MMH