CW filter weirdness

Chris Iwata ChrisIwata at AOL.COM
Wed Feb 13 21:28:49 EST 2008

Yes, what you say is all correct. If you had a true CW filter and the beat
freq  was off, you'd maybe get a zero beat and tuning each side of the  zero
would start fading at about 200Hz since the CW filter has around a  400Hz
bandwidth. But, rather than having a wide open response, I would  think a defective
filter would have virtually no response.  Only other  thing I can think of is
there is spurious coupling between the input and output  of the filter, which
in effect by-passes the filter.  Maybe the CW-LSB-USB  mode switch is wired
wrong?  (I can't remember what the SB102 front  panel looked like, but as I
recall my HW101 had such a switch.)

Chris