New HF Xcvr kit

Brian Wood wood at LPBROADBAND.NET
Tue Jan 8 19:22:45 EST 2008

As many of you know, I announced the Sienna HF transceiver kit on this email
list in 2005. We went to Dayton that year and the following year and got a
lot of feedback on what the rig needed. So we went back to the drawing board
and redesigned it. It's all done now, for real. Since our press releases are
starting to show up in WorldRadio and CQ, thought I'd mention it here too.
We'll be at Orlando Hamcation next month too, if you'd like to see it up
close and personal.

It is a complete kit, made in the U.S., and soldering IS required - lots of
it, in fact. And the manual (available soon) is a spitting image of a
Heathkit manual, yellow cover and all. We're accumulating orders now for
production run #1. Once we accumulate enough orders, lead time to shipments
will be about 4 weeks. Since not too many know about us yet and since it is
on the expensive side, we're expecting a fairly slow ramp, so you can expect
to wait a few more months. If you want in on the first run, now's the time
to tell us.

Please check it out at www.dzkit.com.

Just to keep this from being totally off-topic, be sure to look at the
"About DZKit" page too. There are a bunch of neat pictures of the SB-100 and
related accessories. There's also an analysis of how it compared with
assembled rigs of the day and how much it would cost today, taking inflation
into account.

73,

Brian, W0DZ