IO-4510 scope restoration - knob realignment 3

Alex [Temple-Heath List] temple.heath1 at MIWWW.COM
Tue Jan 8 20:21:38 EST 2008

I've only got two small knobs left to realign, one is the Y2 vertical
position control, and the Y1 V/CM variable. Both are very small
knobs, and I'm guessing it would probably be impossible to remove
their bushings without destroying or at least defacing the knob
itself. Since both these knobs do have a round metallic aluminum
front face (where the position marker is actually etched), I could
try to carefully remove and just reposition these so the knobs align
properly with the front panel markings. But since the faces of the
knobs are made out of thin aluminum, to try and somehow attempt to
just peel them off would be out of the question. Maybe apply heat to
loosen the underlying adhesive? Anyone tried this before? Any other
ideas welcomed. Thanks.

-Alex