WTB Elmenco Plug

John A Diefenbach, K1TLV jadief at TDS.NET
Wed Jan 16 09:24:05 EST 2008

Thinking about this (and I have these fused-plugs installed!) I NOW realize what happened when my EICO Model 730 (no fused-plug here but a regular, non-polarized 2-prong plug) was plugged in and the transmitter keyed; "*%&#@%!!".

I had forgotten to re-connect the separate ground ground connection and so when I keyed the mic w/my left hand and had my right hand on the (now plate-modulated) Seneca's chassis I got ZAPPED!

The once-stock EICO 730 2-prong, non-polarized line cord has been replaced w/a 3-prong line cord w/the green lead connected to ground.

I cannot agree more with Roy Morgan!  ...jd \\\