Heathkit SB-200 - no output

Tom Buchanan tlbuch at SCRTC.COM
Sun Jan 20 15:19:19 EST 2008

Hi,

I am working on my first SB-200 amplifier project.  I brought the amp up
slowly on a variac to 120 volts.  During tune up I observed the following:
2500 HV & SWR metering works.  I tested it with a solid state rig and also a
Heathkit HW-100 with the same results.  There is no idling, grid or plate
current and adjustment of the load and tune controls has no effect on
output.  Increasing the drive from either rig doesn't affect the amplifier
either.  Anyone had a similar experience or ideas?