heath tube needed

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jan 26 22:23:52 EST 2008

RRC (rots of ruck Charlie) on the 8873.  There is no
direct substitute, the 8873 has not been manufactured
by anyone for quite a number of years, and when you
can find one they are very expensive.

Some people have modified their SB-230 to use the
8560A which is basically a conduction cooled 4CX250B.
The tube is a tetrode but it can be run in grounded
grid.

Motorola used the 8560A in a lot of their lowband and
highband two-way FM high powered base stations.

The 8873 is why the SB-230 linear amplifiers are not
popular and do not go for very much on the used
market.

Glen, K9STH

--- Marty Wb2Fou <Wb2fou at AOL.COM> wrote:

I need a known good 8873 for my sb-230 amp .

Or does anyone know of a sub ?

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs